Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Big Refinance

I decided to look into refinancing my house and possibly pull some money out to get some much needed repairs done around the house. Rates were low and I knew I would never be able to pull together enough money in a timely manner to get these things done. On a Sunday evening in mid-February, I completed the online application to refinance thru my current mortgage lender and submitted the application, fully expecting to be told that I would be contacted in a few days. Much to my surprise, I was immediately approved for the full amount I requested. Things moved quickly after that. I was contacted by a loan officer who emailed me forms to sign. The appraiser called a few days after that to set up a time to come out the following Saturday. We scrambled to get things looking as good as we could in a short amount of time. First thing I knew I was signing papers at the escrow office and the money was wired into my account. It all happened so fast, that I could scarcely believe it happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home