Saturday, August 27, 2005

A Rose By Any Other Name..

Okay, it definitely doesn't smell like roses here. It smells more like vinegar. Over the past couple of months, my drip coffee maker has definitely slowed down the rate of drip and it now takes a VERY long time to make a pot of coffee. So, I decided to run some vinegar through it in an attempt to eliminate some of the mineral deposits that are clogging up the works. As a result, the pungent smell of vinegar has permeated the entire house. It smells horrible. I filled the reservoir with white vinegar and let it run half through. Then I took the carafe and poured the vinegar back into the reservoir so that it would continue to filter through. I've been repeating this process for about an hour and I'm not sure that I notice any difference in the drip rate. I do know that I have a mild headache. Next I'll run clean water through about a half dozen times in an attempt to remove the taste of vinegar from the coffee maker. I'm not even sure why I bothered to do this as I've switched to drinking green tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home