Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Best Laid Plans...

I usually face the new year with anticipation, full of plans and New Year's Resolutions. So far this year it's been a completely different story. It began a little over a month ago when right in the middle of our eagerly anticipated vacation to Disneyland, I came down with the flu. At the time I didn't know it was the flu. I was trying to convince myself that it was just a cold and all I needed was a good nights sleep. Not so, my illness knocked me to the ground faster than Nancy Kerrigan after she was clubbed in the knees. My mom came down with it around the same time I did, with my Dad following a few days later. Mercifully, my son was spared. Turns out, we all had a special strain of the flu regionalized in the Southern California area.

There's nothing worse than being really sick when you're away from home. Unless, it's being sick when you're at Disneyland. Or, having to fly in an airplane. Or, having to call in sick to work after already being off for over a week.

Very slowly, the major symptoms subsided, and now I'm left with a slight cough and a major feeling of lethargy. The only thing I anticipate now is my next nap. I'm guessing that part of the problem is that I haven't been to the Gym since before we left for vacation. It's a Catch-22. Working out would probably give me more energy, yet I lack the energy to go to the Gym to work out.

Today, I'm forcing myself to go to the Gym and walk the treadmill for just 15-20 minutes. I'm going to try that for the rest of the week and see how it makes me feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home